Sunday 10 February 2013

Who doesn't need a pantry?!

For the last 7 years, our under the stairs cupboard has had wonky stone steps, an uneven floor, no lighting, uneven hole-ridden walls with flaking plaster, and random pipes and cables hanging all over it!                         Hence it has always been used as a bit of a dumping ground, you know the kind of cupboard where you open the door, chuck stuff in without looking and close the door as quickly as possible. Don't judge me, there's an area like this in every house!


However, last week our lovely builder Peter turned up to transform this area into my new walk in cupboard off the kitchen, to be otherwise known as my gorgeous new pantry.








As it was finished on Friday, I nipped over to Ikea to buy metal shelving (recommended by Env Hlth), plastic storage containers and a selection of hooks etc. Saturday was then spent painting the pantry and Sunday was then spent assembling & putting up shelves and then, the best bit, moving in!

As Valentines Day week brings a lot of orders, I'm soooo pleased to have this ready, it will make things a lot easier to actually have somewhere to store everything while it still being close to hand.

I can certainly see why pantries were so popular back in the day, I think every house should have one!!








No comments:

Post a Comment