Monday 29 April 2013

Mixing Decks 18th Birthday Cake

Last week I made a mixing decks cake for an 18th birthday party. James' Mum got in touch after speaking to a friend who I've made cakes for before and asked if I could make a cake in the style of a set of decks as her son loves them!

Despite these being very detailed, I jumped at the chance to do something so unique and set to work on my plan!







 
 There were 36 buttons, 8 knobs, 3 dials, 2 round mixers and lots of detailed piped writing both on the cake itself and the individual buttons.

The two round mixers either side of the cake were also made out of chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream before being covered in black sugarpaste.






The 8 dials were airbrushed with silver paint before a black stripe of sugarpaste was attached down the side of each one.

James' Mum & Sister co-ordinated the delivery as it was a surprise for him and their reaction was great with Amanda welling up and her daughter screaming!

I loved making this cake, after lots of prep work, it really came to life very quickly in the assembly!

No comments:

Post a Comment