Thursday 16 May 2013

Sage Green & Antique Pink Vintage Wedding Cake







This week I joined a group of very talented ladies at The Last Drop Village for a bridal photo-shoot with photos taken by the super duper Julie Lomax from Images by Julie!













The theme was 1920's vintage with lace & pearls with the colours being sage green and antique pink so I set to work to design a cake especially for the occasion!














The bottom tier of the cake was made using a beautiful lace mould that I bought recently, it's my favourite new toy.

There is also a beautiful tier adorned with strings of the palest pink sugar pearls which look gorgeous against the soft ivory icing on the cake.













The lace tier was adorned with pretty ivory pearls to reflect the glamour of the era and I think it really lifts the lace pattern.












I then made a selection of beautiful sugar roses in soft tones of antique pink and pale silvery grey which add a touch of soft decadence to the look and tie in really well with the gorgeous sage green satin ribbon.

I can't wait to see the finished pictures from Julie and promise to share them with you!







No comments:

Post a Comment