Tuesday 9 July 2013

Mad Hatter & Alice in Wonderland Cupcakes!!




Yesterday I battled with the extreme heat to make these gorgeous Mad Hatter/Alice in Wonderland cupcakes to be sold at a charity garden party.











They were all delicious vanilla cupcakes with vanilla bean buttercream before being covered with sugarpaste and decorated.
 











I decided to use a selection of different designs reflecting the eclectic mix of colours and characters in the book and film.













Decorations included the gold pocket watch, tweddledum & tweedledee's stiped shirts & red braces, the Queen of Hearts playing cards, Eat Me tags with teapot & cake, the White Rabbit and of course the Mad Hatter's Green hat complete with 10/6 label.














I really enjoyed making these cupcakes and thought they turned out really well.













I hope they raise lots of money for charity, I'd certainly be very pleased to receive any one of these designs!!





No comments:

Post a Comment