Monday 2 September 2013

Bride & Groom Cake Toppers

This weekend I went down to Birmingham to attend a course at The Blue Door Bakery. I've been making novelty sugarpaste characters for cakes for some time now but haven't ever really attempted a more grown up Bride & Groom for someone's wedding cake so decided that the best way to learn was to go on a one day course.





The day went so fast as it was jam-packed with step by step instructions and demos of how to create a gorgeous and adorable looking bride and groom for the top of the wedding cake.





I particularly love the faces on these toppers, full of so much character and fun achieved by hand painting the eyes and fabulous hairstyles!!

I have a set of Bride & Groom toppers to do for a lovely couple in October and I can't wait to create edible sugar versions of them after learning these techniques.




Thanks for the days tuition Clare, you're a fab and very patient teacher!!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment